This is a unique coin-based game and one of creator Cliff Johnson's "because the answer is simple, yet appears quite the opposite".
The instructions state:
- Each Coin has Two Sides
- Click Two Coins to Reveal their Opposite Sides
- The Goal is to Remove all the Coins
- The Correct Strategy has 100% Accuracy
- Locate Two matching Face-Up Coins
- The Click these Two Coins and they Flip
- Now Click the Two Coins that Reveal that Same Match again
- If you Succeed, those Coin Faces Vanish. If not, you may Gain another Coin
When clicking two matched coins, a specific sound is made. The "correct" two coins must then be clicked to have the coin count reduce.
The online help says: Re-read the story and look for clues.
"Bewitched coins?" the fool looked up, and then, left or right. "Yes, I see the madness to the method."
See: Quintin spoilers